A quick side job with this deck hatch that had rotted plywood reinforcement strips around the edge. We removed the affected material and replaced it. It was then glassed over with epoxy to seal the material in. Externally we re-finished the gelcoat which was badly weathered.
A birthday is maybe an understatement concerning this Apollo Spaniard over-haul. The client was wanting a paint job mainly, however the list grew as we progressed. One major job added to the list was a new transom which was badly rotted. The new transom was replaced using ‘Thermolite board’ which is a composite panel, stronger […]
This is a repeat customer’s boat we worked on some time ago. We glassed the foam band around the hull after he had it fitted. Now he wanted a couple of swim platforms custom made off the back of the transom. He had some of the foam material left over which we incorporated into the […]
This Cruise Craft was fitted with a new model E-Tec Evinrude which is a very different style of engine to anything else on the market. The first thing you notice is how much of the engine is aft of the transom. This combined with the extra power puts a quite a bit more load on […]
This late model Haines suffered some gelcoat damage on the keel line. Part of this damage ripped into the ‘Keel Guard’ strip that was fitted along the keel so needed to be replaced. Not being familiar with the ‘Keel Guard’ brand we found this product to be excellent. It comes in a well organized little […]
It’s always nice to hear customer feedback after the job leaves us. We received news from the owner that the swim platforms we fitted to this Chase wake board boat were a huge success! He reports below: “Had a great day on the lakes yesterday for the initiation of the new swim platforms you made […]
Part of this bunk was rotted after some cracking let moisture in. This small job saw this repaired and a couple of rotted locker trims replaced and the boat was ready for action once again. The lesson here is to keep on top of any of these small jobs periodically to avoid a monster job […]
We were asked to carry out repairs on what was thought to be a Mako hull however we have since found out this unmarked hull was in fact a Bertram V19. This boat has been converted to a center console and was a neat set-up. Unfortunately the hull had some real problems down the back […]