The Sharkcat brand is well recognized and this one had a soft floor in need of replacing. The two fuel tanks built-in below the floor were both leaking and required repairs. The owner had already removed one of the tanks and when the boat was delivered we removed the opposite tank, and they were taken away for repairs. Unfortunately the tanks were not very well mounted and had been moving around which could have contributed to the tanks needing repairs. We proceeded to cut out the floor and deck beams, some of which were rotted. We found water trapped in the hull sections and below the tank bases which was bailed out. We also added hull drainage through these sections of the hull through to the transom. We replaced the new beams and floor with composite board and epoxy. We changed the design by adding ‘soft patches’ above the tanks for future removal if ever required. Some modifications were required to enable these to be made such as remodeling the dive door step. The new floor was flowcoated around the perimeter with a nonskid finish on the deck. The boat is being fitted with new engines so the owner requested a custom mod made for the engine controls. With a new floor, non leaking tanks and new engines, this old girl will be round for another few seasons to come!