As with a lot of boat projects, they sometimes get put on the back burner. This trailer sailer project was started a number of years ago and had been sitting for a long time. The first thing we did was go right over the boat to give it a thorough health check. Surprisingly it was in mostly sound condition apart from a couple of soft areas where water had been sitting in the hull. On the exterior there were a number of sections where the plywood hull was exposed and had been weathered. These were glassed and sealed as required with epoxy and refaired. The hull was originally sheathed with Dynel coating which is a thin nylon type cloth often used on timber hulls to allow the hull to move slightly without cracking. The main issue with this material is that it doesn’t add much strength or even scratch resistance and repairs must be done carefully when prepping. There were literally dozens of repairs to the exterior, and once these were completed we could move onto the painting stage. The owner chose a light blue for the hull topsides which really set the boat off. The nonskid was done in a course texture as requested by the owner. The underside of the hull had been damaged by the old trailer hull-cradles that had deformed and allowed the hull to come into contact with the frame of the trailer. Once the painting above the waterline was done we lifted the boat off the trailer onto stands to assess the bottom. We found that the bottom of the centreboard case was unfinished and needed glassing, as well as the trailer damage and fairing all repairs. All repair areas underneath were primed and ready for the owner to antifoul nearer to launch. While the boat was on stands we made new hull-cradles for the trailer so that the hull was properly supported. The owner still has plenty of work to do with fitting all the deck hardware, windows and interior finishing etc.