This Blackfin 24 was in for major hull repairs in March last year. The boat had suffered a severe collision with a navigation marker which had obliterated the Starboard bow section. They were lucky to get home with the damage just above the water level. Done in stages, we started with the structural repairs, getting […]
This Tournament 1900 had an altercation with the corner of a marina jetty. Luckily the damage was above the water avoiding any water ingress into the vessel. The crack was a through and through and of a decent size. Fortunately access to the inside of the damage was possible so this could be repaired also. […]
The owner of this Clipper 40 called us after he started cutting out rotten reinforcement below his anchor winch, and he began to become overwhelmed by the size of the job. The work consisted of rotten plywood reinforcing sections below the deck, along the bulkhead behind this and also the core of the bowsprit. The […]
This little side job got this bowsprit back in action. It had been glassed with polyester and chopmat which was cracking and peeling off, letting moisture into the timber underneath. This was stripped off, prepped and re-glassed with epoxy. Even the bolt and screw holes were treated with epoxy to avoid water ingress coming in […]
This catamaran suffered some rudder and steering damage after running aground. Most of the damage was caused on the Starboard side with the bottom foil off this side rudder broken clean off. The other foil was still attached but badly damaged requiring it to be glassed back on. The rudder pintal fittings were leaking and […]
This 6m Cruise Craft was in like-new condition however the keel forefoot had caught on something and created some nasty damage. A strip about a meter long had been flattened off requiring glassing to build back up. We suggested a ‘Keel-guard’ strip be applied over this area to protect this area from future damage. Although […]
A quick side job with this deck hatch that had rotted plywood reinforcement strips around the edge. We removed the affected material and replaced it. It was then glassed over with epoxy to seal the material in. Externally we re-finished the gelcoat which was badly weathered.
Part of this bunk was rotted after some cracking let moisture in. This small job saw this repaired and a couple of rotted locker trims replaced and the boat was ready for action once again. The lesson here is to keep on top of any of these small jobs periodically to avoid a monster job […]